Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 50

    Monkey Mia

    May 23, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 17 °C

    Well, we had an earlier than anticipated start this morning (5.15am) as we were woken by the rustling sound of our lastest guest (3rd and counting) opening a packet of biscuits! Unfortunately this was one of the few items that we hadn't got space for in the mouse proof cupboard/ microwave so had it stored up on the shelf above the cab where we had thought it was well out of their reach. A quick eye to eye contact, followed by a chase and the mouse was ejected from the van via the door only to rush around to the back of the van and back in again! We gave up hope of trying to catch him but could hear him running around underneath us in the cupboards. He seemed to enjoy the food we left on the trap without setting both of them off and ignored the tasty poison treats left for him too. At least the sunrise was worth it.
    Made our way to the remote part of the peninsula called Monkey Mia and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere on the beach and in the pool. Saw green turtles swimming around the pier, emus wondering around the campsite and a few dolphins that visited the bay this afternoon, one that swam right on the edge of the shore.
    Read more