Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 2a- March 22

    March 22, 2019 in DR Congo ⋅ ☁️ 34 °C

    1. While I had thought spring break started on this Friday, it really hadn’t but they both took the day off. Rach and I had oatmeal and bananas (from United lounge) for breakfast. Rach and I did a 45 minute work out at her “gym” (1 treadmill, 1 elliptical and 1 ??, bench and some free weights but I did watch tv).
    2. After Nick got ready, we headed out to Red Rocks Amphitheater, maybe 40 minutes away. This is where they have awesome shows. In our lifetime, of the 10 most famous concerts you have: U2, John Denver, Jethro Tull (1 of my faves but there were incidents at the concert with rocks thrown at security and rock bands were banned for 5 years), Grateful Dead, Beatles, Motorhead. https://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/03/10-most-m…. There are a lot of trails to do but we opted to just drive to the main parking lot and take a short hike up to the venue (pictures coming some day). The kids looked at the schedule and want to do some concerts in the next few months. Jan, maybe check it out and see if there’s something you’d like to see.
    pix: 1-2 guest room 3-6 Red rocks
    Read more