Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    "Beilari" SJPD day two

    August 17, 2019 in France ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Pettit diguner at Gite Saint Jacques was 7.30 and our hosts Andrew was so welcoming we had a "toast" chease, fruit and coffee. Simple but tasty.
    We left our bags here while we went out to explore the town properly.
    We bought French bread and camonburge for lunch and at it overlooking the town.

    In the evening we had reserved Aburge "Beilari" which is the Basque word for Pilgrim.
    Joseph our host was very welcomeing but he set us down straight away to tell us the rules. Whilst they were few and made good sense I did feel like I was back at school. We had to l our bags outside in case of bedbugs we could not bring them to the bedroom.
    We were sharing a room with two American guys
    Dinner was at 7:30 and we played a game throwing an imaginary ball and saying our names then breif introductions. We had to keep it short just just our Camino title which did not really tell us anything about anybody. I understand we don't have time for a life story but....
    Dinner was plain and vegetarian OK but nothing to rite home about.
    Dinner finished at nine we were advised if we wanted to explore the town we only had an hour as the doors were being locked at 10pm sharp and they were stricked about it. Lights out and no talking after 10.30.
    Almost worse than boarding school.
    Still we have a big day tomorrow so just go with the flow..
    Read more