Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Wonderful Jaipur

    December 22, 2019 in India ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Today was Jaipur exploring day! Last night we arranged a full day trip with some guy we met on the street and his brother with a tuktuk was waiting for us in front of our hostel. How do you fit 5 people in a tuktuk? 🤣
    First we wanted to go see Hawa Mahal, the famous palace in center of Jaipur but had to skip it st the time because of protests and head for q quick stop to Royal Gator, basically a royal tombs. Lovely place even though it has a sad meaning. Next up: Amber Fort. Oh what a fort that is! Huge palace, tons of rooms, yards, gardens, loooong walls ... this was abandoned after british conquered India. Since it was Sunday lots of tourists were there but it didn’t bother us much. It was awesome getting lost around the palace. I was daydreaming how this place must have looked like when it was full of life, kings, ... We easily spent 2 hours exploring mirror rooms, garden, towers, ... Me and Matjaž went on to a military fort on the hill even further above the palace. Old cannons and amazing view of the palace, Jaipur and surrounding area. Hot day but well worth it!
    Wheh we finished with the whole fort we went on to Amber (old Jaipur) for Stepwell, a huge water tank they used back in the days. We could only make photos from above, but the best part were monkeys! So lovely and lots of them!
    We noted some temples next to it so me and Matjaž went exploring and hit a jackpot - the temple was the oldest building in the area, officially 1100 years old but some manuscripts mention it was over 2500 years old! We were told it was by god Krishna, one of rarest temples where you go downstairs. It looked amazing!
    We headed back to town, saw a palace on the lake and then finally- Hawa Mahal, the famous Jaipur place with all the windows and all. So beautiful! We took our photos and moved on to dinner. Yumm - dal with garlic naan (yes, again).
    Some chats ib rooftop on hostel and now I’m about to go to sleep, more exploding tomorrow and then - Pushkar. Good night 💤
    Read more