Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    What I wish I had known - Desert X

    March 4, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    - There is a lot to see and it's good to plan ahead, decide what you want to see and how you'll structure the visit, download any relevant information, and check out how to arrive to the places instead of just relying on Google Maps.
    - Do not forget to drink a lot of water and reapply sun screen. This is the desert.
    - It's best to fly to Palm Springs but the Santa Ana airport was not too far either.
    - There are tours and other side activities that may be interesting to check out.

    Highlights:
    - The installations, obviously. Some of them were better than others, but they took us to interesting places.
    - Oasis Date Gardens. There's not that much to it. but the date shake was delicious.
    - Dinner at Trio Restaurant was great.
    - I actually enjoyed the LAB Anti-Mall in Costa Mesa quite a lot. I was not part of our original plan but it was a quite cool place to check if you're around.

    Could have been better:
    - We should have checked in advance that one Salton Sea was not gonna be visible. In general, it would have been good to plan ahead even more (although Cat and Tamara had done a pretty good job.)
    - I got a headache because I didn't drink enough water.
    - Some roads were closed when we went back to the airport and we were close to missing our flight. I guess it can happen. Maybe we should have stayed closer to Palm Springs itself.
    Read more