Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Campsite Laurel Creek 476.2

    June 7, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Today we made it to Damascus and the first thing we did is to figure out where to get pancakes because Julia didn't talk about anything else since yesterday :) She even taught me some Spanish breakfast vocabulary ("Quiero un hot cake con miel de maple")
    After we got those pancakes we went for a resupply at Dollar General and used the free WiFi access. We got an almost full can of gas from Rocket and Rockette because they've sent their stove home and asked us if we needed it. Until now, we've only bought one can, the others were found in hiker boxes or just randomly like now.
    We've met those two about a week ago at the trail angel Brother Tom and we kept on seeing each other along the trail. They are a lovely retired couple who are thru hiking the AT by flip flopping. We hope to see them again soon, they're usually faster than us :D
    In the afternoon we visited an outfitter to check on a new pair of shoes for Julia because the ones she's currently using are starting to fall apart. And we were actually successful in finding one that fit her and were at a reasonable price! So now she'll carry them until the others break completely.
    After an enormous meal at the gas station with free soda (apparently we look like we're in need ;)) we finally went back on the trail. It was quite an easy and flat hike along the Laurel Creek to a Campsite directly at the river. Eventually we made a small detour, but luckily some trail runners managed to get us back to our beloved white blazes!!
    Read more