Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Camping near Pocahontas Rd 640.5

    June 15, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Resupply and shower day!!! That's always a big event and we're excited which makes us go faster :) We crawled out of our tent at 5:30 just to find Giggles laying on the road a few feet away from our tent...
    She had been up on the ridge when the downpour started and all of her stuff got soaked. She arrived at the Gap at 2 in the morning and put her sleeping pad and bag right next to the road. There were no trees so there was no water dripping on her. We were a bit worried at first but she said that she's fine.

    Afterwards we had some nice views and arrived around noon at the Hostel in Pearisburg where we booked at "day pass" to shower and do laundry. We had planned to only stay there for three hours but in the end it was six hours at the hostel and two more in the Dairy Queen and Pizza Plus :D Resupply for our bellies ;) And it was raining heavily again at two points when we wanted to head out so we took it slowly. Another night hike later we arrived a few minutes before midnight at a pretty nice campsite next to a dirt road.

    The most exciting thing we saw today were dancing fireflies all over the nightly hills, trees and meadows. Just like a fireworks they synchronized in the illumination and created an artful show for us :) I've tried to catch it on a video but wasn't intense enough...
    Read more