Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    Camping near Catawba Creek 702.4

    June 18, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    That was an intense day!! We managed to get up as early as planned and already had 10 miles at our lunch break. Today was special because of one of the most picturesque places along the AT, the dragon's tooth. A huge obelisk that is climbable and has an amazing 360 degree view to all the surrounding area.
    By the time we got there it was already 7:30 PM so we both quickly got up there and took some pictures. And we almost peed ourselves because it was super scary up there with the wind blowing just a few steps away from a quite certain death. But we survived this experience and got some really nice pictures. With our bodies still flooded with adrenaline we headed for the descent but who knew that this would rush our blood even more... Now we needed to climb down steep - and sometimes a bit slippery - rocks with our 40 pounds backpacks!! We could almost see the blood splatters at the bottom :o And somewhere there on the way down we crossed the 700 miles line :)
    Especially the way down this trail literally killed my feet. We're not quite sure what it is but there are blisters, trench feet and holes in my feet. I hope this will get better soonish :)
    Read more