Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 90

    Falls Village 1492.3

    1 août 2017, États Unis ⋅ 🌙 20 °C

    We've had some nice stops today. The first one was at a Campsite for breakfast which had a swing and a well with delicious water. The next one was at a shelter where we randomly met Claus from Stuttgart. I've had a blast talking swabian with him and exchanging about the trail. It's easy to have to conversations with him so we spend more time with our lunch break than planned.
    By the time we hit the trail again we thought we'd be just about 6 miles away from our destination (with a shower!!!). But it was actually more than 8 miles, so we needed to push a bit more. The heat and bugs were crazy today and I was glad to still have Oralpädon left. After surviving the rollercoaster there we road walked into Falls Village which doesn't have much but a liquor store, an inn and a town hall. Luckily there's also a cafe with a hiker friendly owner that lets them sleep in the backyard.
    So we did the things you could do there. Resupply on beer in the liquor store, use the free internet at the inn and then set up our tent at the café :) We've met Chef, Jon and Anvil again.
    Just as we finished cooking the Chicken Broccoli a girl that is also staying at the Campsite walked up to us with big boxes of food. She said that they weren't able to finish it and that we could take it. So we finished all of it and also our dinner.

    At the end we drank beer altogether and chatted.
    En savoir plus