Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 106

    Camping near Jacobs Brook 1775

    August 17, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    We were the first ones waking up at the Shelter and also the first ones on the trail. But by lunch most had already passed us because we spent about half an hour talking to a section hiker and his wife. They gave us some trail magic with sodas and peppermint chocolate :)
    Directly after lunch we needed to climb up to Smarts mountain, a pretty tough uphill hike over stones. It took us forever making progress here and when we thought we'd have the worst part over, we surprisingly met Heidi again. She was hiking with her dad and on the way down so she told us that she had hiked this mountain when she was young. Back then she was mad when she encountered that the "real" mountain is another mile away. So she fought her childhood trauma today and we knew that we just arrived at a fake summit... It was anyway nice seeing her again and her dad is just as nice as she is :)
    By the time we arrived on top of the mountain it was already 5 so we planned to go just to the next Shelter. But on the way there we got tired and as we came by a nice campspot the decision was made.
    Read more