Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 132

    Camping Rainbow Ledges 2169

    12. september 2017, Forenede Stater ⋅ 🌙 16 °C

    After a slow morning hike it got better in the afternoon. But we still couldn't make up the missed miles from me morning. Right in the morning we got some trail magic from fellow hikers who heard that we were almost out of sweets. So they gave us a whole bag of M&Ms but as usually they didn't last very long. The hike was pretty scenic throughout most of the day with nice ponds, waterfalls and streams.
    It was definitely easier hiking there instead of just root scrambling for the whole day. Anyway we didn't have time to fully enjoy all of the views. Finishing the hike is our first priority now, even though people told us that it is very important to fully enjoy the last part of the journey. Good thing we stopped listening to "people", because "hike your own hike" :)
    This way we ended up at the "Rainbow Ledges" for a stunning sunset within colorful trees. We had it all for our own with just the sound of the birds. It was a magnificent moment and we kept going a bit further to a tent spot right on a granite area. It was a bit difficult setting up the tent there because it had just a mossy ground. Not too much of a problem for Julia :)
    As I said we're ready to be done and therefore we set the alarm to 3 AM to make it to the Baxter State Park and up Mount Kathadin. For dinner we had a speciality, instead of mashed potatoes, the expensive restaurant-quality potato soup. And as a treat for the good day and for finishing tomorrow, a big Snickers bar for each of us.
    Læs mere