Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Melbourne

    April 24, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    We followed the recommendation of a lady at an information center and made a detour to take the scenic route into Melbourne. It wasn't really worth it as there was just one viewpoint but the detour wasn't too long anyways.
    It was pretty easy to get into the city compared to the cramped roads in Sydney. We found a free parking spot close enough to the center to walk which took us about 45 minutes. There we got all the information we needed from the information center to get around the city. Especially useful proved the free tram network in the city center to be. But it not only offered transportation but also an audio guide to the sights along the way! Saves you 10$ for the Hop-on hop-off bus. A light (typical Londonish) rainfall had started in the afternoon but it wasn't a problem at all. We initially had planned to stay for the night in the city but we saw everything we wanted so we decided to move on. The next leg of our trip is the Great Ocean Road leading from Melbourne to Adelaide along the coast.

    Therefore we managed to escape the (now) cramped streets of Melbourne and headed West.
    Read more