Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Koh Tao

    November 24, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    The journey from Chiang Rai to Koh Tao took us more than 24 hours by buses and ferry. By the time we arrived at the island early in the morning we were quite an exhausted mess. We thought that we would start with the diving course the other day but we could barely drop off our luggage before we put on our wet suits and jumped into our Open Water Diving course. At first it was really weird to get used to breathing under water and also a bit fearsome but eventually we got used to it. On the second day we went for another two dives down to more than 12 metres and spent most of the evening reading and learning for the test on the last day. In the morning it was raining heavily and there were floods going down the streets... After two more dives we took the - incredibly easy - test and became certified divers :) We still had two days left so we decided to book a snorkeling tour around the island to see some more spots. In the evening we celebrated together with our dive instructor but later I was feeling unwell with fever so we went back to our hotel.
    The feeling got worse during the tour even though Julia cared for me really good. We left later that day by night ferry back to the land in direction of Khao Sok!
    Read more