Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    Kuala Lumpur

    July 12, 2018 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    From Singapore we took a bus in the morning to Kuala Lumpur. The border control was good organised and we arrived well rested about 5 hours later in the previous Malaysian capital. Our stay for the single night was in a convenient distance to the old city center, bus stop and the new city center with the Petronas Towers.
    First we went to the old city center with buildings from the colonial age, parks and Chinatown. It was easy to get around by foot, all the sights are within walking distance and the pathways are well maintained. The city has a really nice, friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We were a bit surprised by the overall standards and conditions of the country which is not too far behind Western countries at low prices... When we stopped at the Information Center there were loads of free food samples of local products and fruits. At the evening we admired the views of the illuminated Petronas Towers from a nearby park. It's really spectacular and different to other skylines. There was also a water/light show going on. Free buses connect all the stops in and around the city center conveniently and cheap.
    On the second (and already last) day we had breakfast from an Indian place and then headed out to see the Batu Caves. They are some limestone caves located just a bit outside the city and reachable by public transport. Unfortunately there were some works on the tracks and the next train was supposed to leave two hours later. Therefore we decided to go explore the Botanical Gardens and the National Museum.

    Overall we enjoyed our limited time in Malaysia and if we have time we might come back to see other parts of it...
    Read more