Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Latrun and Nazareth

    November 26, 2019 in Israel ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    We slept in because we were awake after 3 AM when it started to get chilly and we didn't have proper equipment. Luckily the sun warmed us quickly and we hit the water for a 15 minute swim to a salt island with a tree. Very instagrammable according to Julia ;) We put on mud masks and just relaxed a bit in the water. It was really fun as long you don't get any water in your eyes. Salt enough is already bad but together with sulfur it doesn't sound like something you'd like to try.
    Around midday we started moving in direction of the Mediterranean Sea and then up. On the way to Nazareth we stopped at a Monastery and some Crusader Castle ruins. The Monastery looked beautiful in the middle of the green lush garden. The Crusader Castle had been built by the Knights of the Temple and recently been used by the Jordan army in the Six-Days War. There also leads the Israel Trail along and we saw some hikers.
    It looked like a short drive from there to Nazareth but it led closely by Tel Aviv and we were stuck in traffic that we arrived almost 1 1/2 hours later. Not that we were on a schedule but it's annoying ;)
    Our hostel was pretty cool and we had the dorm rooms almost to ourselves. After settling in we took a walk through the streets...
    Everything of interest is within a 15 minute walk distance.
    Read more