Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Acre, Haifa & back to Jerusalem

    November 28, 2019 in Israel ⋅ 🌙 12 °C

    We had a lazy start in the day as we didn't really have a plan. We just walked through the town again after breakfast and then to another museum which was included in the combi ticket we had. I'm not going to recommend the "Treasures of the Wall Museum" :D
    Then we left this beautiful place in direction of Haifa just a 15 minute drive South. It's main sights are the Bahai Gardens and the German Colony. Even though I didn't plan on visiting the German Colony we still ended up there because it was right next to the Gardens. It belongs to a religion I've never heard of before, Bahaii. We got on a tour, the only way to enter the gardens, which lasted 1.5 hours, was in Hebrew and we needed to walk back up around the gardens... Nothing all too special.
    We had one more stop planned before driving back to Jerusalem, in Ceasara. A port town from the roman era and a National Park with these ruins. But unfortunately they already closed one hour before closing the park... So we couldn't even take a quick peek.
    We decided to have an early dinner before driving back to Jerusalem. We thought it would be nice to see the sunset meanwhile so we drove down to the beach. Surprisingly there was a roman aqueduct right there on the beach. Perfect spot for dinner!
    The drive back to Jerusalem took again pretty long and we were glad to have a place to stay.
    Read more