Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 36

    Amsterdam to Hanover

    October 7, 2019 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    I have finally been given the chance to write on the blog - so a little bit of laughter and some waffling coming your way 😂. I had better start the same As Maurice - we had breakfast and a free breakfast at that, well it was part of our room deal. We hit the motorway, no side country roads today as we have a 4 1/2 trip in front of us. We arrived safe and sound and had to pick our apartment keys up from a little Italian Bistro. Maurice was in seventh heaven when he was greeted with Ciao ...and off they all went with their hands and language. We had perfect position for our apartment, 5 min walk to the trams and 10 minute ride into the city. We are staying right next to an amazing nature park, so we took a walk through and ended up at a gorgeous little plaza. It was around 5pm when everyone is out and about so we sat down and had a cuppa and enjoyed the people watching.

    You can tell Europeans (particularly the Germans) are trying to find the funny side of Brexit - see the pic we took of a rather large frustrated Paddington Bear, in a phone box, having a conversation about how well it going!

    A great start to our first day in Germany.

    You can tell Anne is enjoying doing MY blog - look at that smile (I’m very sick as I write this one paragraph 😷).
    Read more