Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Day out in Hannover

    October 8, 2019 in Germany ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    Headed down to our “local” Italian bistro for our start up coffee and hot chocolate - although it had to be tea for Maurice as they didn’t have any hot chocolate 😭. We caught the tram into the city, a bit of an overcast day today so brollies were on hand. We had a walk around a bit of the old town and came across the ruins of a church which had been demolished in WWII. She was still standing firm and tall. We also did a visit to the Town Hall, trip down memory lane for Maurice as he visited the exact place 3 years ago . Magnificent building and we also caught a very small lift that sort of went up diagonal and then a bit to the left (that’s a definite) and then a few circular stairwells to get to the top of the tower and WOW...beautiful views. After a late lunch we decided to find a supermarket and head home before it got too late. I’m not sure why but every time I put in find a supermarket it takes us to the red light district. Thankfully not as entertaining as Amsterdam and we did eventually find one that served our kinda food. Home to cook and bed ready for another day of exploring.

    If you have a look at the last pic it’s not something you see every day. Someone had parked their mobility walker at the front of the apartment we were staying at!!!
    Read more