Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 50

    Brno to Vienna

    October 21, 2019 in Austria ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    We didn’t get away until 10 am as the drive is only 2 1/2 hours but we couldn’t book into our Airbnb until after 5pm.

    We did have a bit of trouble leaving the city as I accidentally went down a one-way lane (too small to be called a street) ending up behind some industrial sheds where I had to do a 3-point turn to go back up the one-way lane,the wrong way, to get out. 1/2 way through the 3-point turn (when we thought no one was looking) Anne said “have a look at that”. Right in front of us was a huge waste bin (sort of a locked up cage) and standing inside the cage waist deep in the waste (did you see what I did there) was a young woman looking at us - I’m not sure who was more surprised her or us? By the time we finished our turn we got stuck in front of a semitrailer that was trying to reverse into the lane we had just come from. He stopped and we just managed to get past, I think there’s a good chance he still stuck there, being watched by the girl in the waste bin/cage.

    Stopped at Korneuburg (lovely little town on the Danube) for lunch.

    We got to Vienna too early to check-in so did what you would do in Vienna with a couple of hours to kill. Found a car park (not as easy as you might think in the middle of the city) and then sat outside of an Irish drinking (mineral water). Finally got to check-in. Not a bad apartment even if it has no TV - pity as we are now used to watching TV shows we can’t understand.

    No pics taken today, you get a google maps screenshot of where we stopped for lunch..
    Read more