Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 58

    Nagykanizsa to Zagreb

    October 29, 2019 in Croatia ⋅ 🌧 9 °C

    We’re off to Croatia - Zagreb to be precise.

    Hotel had a typical European breakfast - bread, cheese, salami and ham. Before we headed off Anne had to have her espresso (with frothed milk on the side - she is now officially a coffee snob/monster).

    Croatia isn’t part of the Schengen area so we had to stop at the border crossing to get stamped out of Hungry and then checked/stamped for entry into Croatia- through without any issues (we did have to wind down the rear windows so they could check to make sure there were only the 2 of us in the car, why they wouldn’t check the boot I have no idea). The drive is nothing to write home about ( so I won’t ). Actually whist there were some nice villages and views, it rained most of the way.

    Got to Zagreb (another city with trams that you have to negotiate) about 1 pm and parked the Duster in a secure underground car park @ £7 a day (cheaper than Brisbane 👍). The apartment is tiny but in the middle of town and newly renovated and modern (even a smart TV and aircon. It’s cold outside (about 6 degrees and raining) so you would think you would need to put some heat on. Not sure why/how, but like a lot of the other places we’ve stayed it’s uncomfortably hot so we opened windows.

    We’ll do some exploring tomorrow.
    Read more