Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Day at Sea

    December 12, 2023 ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Tues December 12, Cruising the Indian Ocean

    It was a bit of a bumpy ride overnight with dramatic thunder, sheet and occasionally fork lighting, which started while we were having dinner last night. Today was a day at sea, and after 6 days of non-stop tours, it was a welcome break. Heather and Peter did their usual morning workout in the fitness centre. Lee would normally have done her deck walks, but because of the higher winds, spray and rain, the walking deck was closed off so she went to the fitness centre as well.
    We attended the 10:00am lecture called " Starboard Wars: Across the Malacca Strait", describing how essential it was as a trade route , having a dramatic history. There were so many wars and back and forths of various countries, it was all very confusing. Lunch today featured a fish and seafood barbeque on the pool deck which was most enjoyable. We enjoyed a leisurely afternoon by the pool, which was surprisingly rough with waves splashing up 4-5 feet at each end of the pool, depending on the rock ‘n’ roll of the ship. We were hoping to send our Christmas letter today but discovered that neither of us had it on our phone or in our documents so we put a distress email out to David to see if he could find it on my computer and send it to me. Lee continues to work on her blog, and we spent a lot of time sending my pictures to her computer by Dropbox.
    Entertainment tonight was Tap and Tails, another lively performance by the Tap Brothers ( who aren’t actually brothers)
    Read more