Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Day at Sea

    December 13, 2023 ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Wed. December 13th, cruising The Indian Ocean.

    This morning’s lecture was titled “Life in China” which of course isn’t part of our trip but was a fill in because of the extra day at sea. It was given by our lecturer Dr. Rob Hensley (the one that was not that funny) because he lived in China for several years.
    At 5:45pm, the captain hosted a cocktail party for all on board to acknowledge the people in the various categories of repeat passengers. Before the capitain spoke, the Navigator Production Company delivered a lively selection of Abba songs. The dress code for this evening was the second Formal Optional of the cruise. Some got all dressed up in tuxes etc. but many, like Peter and I, just wore a jacket. Heather and Lee got all dressed up and looked beautiful. We ate in the Compas Rose dining room and were joined by Bonnie and Michael .
    The entertainment tonight was “The Great American Song Factory” featuring music from the 1950’s and 1960’s presented by the Navigator’s Production Company. The evening also featured many memorable TV clips of all the rock singers on the Ed Sullivan shows. Lots of fun and revived memories.
    Read more