Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Both Universal Parks, Orlando

    April 8, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Dad, Kerr and Lewis were up very early for the 60 mile trip south to Universal Orlando for a day of fun and madness....did not however take traffic on Interstate 4 into account...We were an hour late on arrival and the place was mobbed. Not to be stopped we went directly to the Dispicable Me show....where Dru changes all spectators into Minions and a calamity of events follow....Fantastic.
    We tried to get into the new Transformers ride but it was out of order so we had a picture shoot with Decepticon leader, Megatron. Onto the Twister show which shows what happens during tornadoes, then made way to The Mummy ride...which never ceases to be amazing with its backwards roller coaster and constant fleeing from The Mummy.
    We then made way for the new Harry Potter theme....get on board the Hogwarts Express at King's Cross Station (Universal) and take a 10 minute train ride to Hogwarts (Islands of Adventure). The idea is great as your group get their own carriage and the doors are closed. During the journey you can see the route to Hogwarts through the (CGI) window, even Hagrid (Robbie Coltraine) makes an appearance. Behind the door you can see silhouettes of Harry, Herminie and Ron fighting with Voldemort.....A great, fun experience.
    At Hogwarts we went onto the CGI Harry Potter ride where you follow Harry in the sky fighting Dragons and Voldemort then winning at Quiddich.
    Onto the Jurassic Park water tour which starts off as just a tour with Dinosaurs but, as in the movie the scary dinosaurs escape and it's an exciting escape from their water compound.
    We decided to leave Islands of Adventure and head back to Universal to try and get onto the Transformers ride as we'd missed it earlier. ....but we had to stop and go on the Spiderman ride first....A 3D experience where Spidey fights off several baddies and wins the day.....strangely (and slightly disappointedly), Transformers and Spiderman are the same exact type of ride...just different characters.
    We ended our Universal experience today with a trip to Hard Rock Cafe, Orlando for a bit of pre - homeward bound food.

    A GREAT DAY....BUT VERY BUSY
    Read more