Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Cenote heaven!

    January 7, 2017 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    I am obsessed with the cenotes (limestone sinkholes where you can swim)!

    After the turtle swimming I visited three - Cristalino, Eden and Azul.

    Cristalino was the best. Very pretty setting with mainly families setting up base for the day. It was very relaxing and just fasinating snorkeling looking at all the rock formations and watching the fish.

    Then you can sit on the side and dangle your feet in watching the fish swim around them.

    Next was Eden which is very deep in parts and so diving is popular. Its amazing staring down unable to see the bottom in parts. This one had the best rock formations.

    Last one was Azul which was abit disappointing as its mostly quite shallow with the deep part reserved for jumpers. And the jumping is the main thing at this cenote so its loud as the crowd clap and cheer the jumpers and if a young child jumps off the crowd goes wild! Aby I bet MM would jump with a life jacket on! So this one had alot of families with young kids and then the young crowd who are there to jump.

    But it has nice paths where you can wander through the jungle and find a few quiet spots so it grew on me.

    The photos are all from the Azul cenote.
    Read more