Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Zip lining!

    February 4, 2017 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 2 °C

    Fantastic!

    Highest and longest zip line cable in Latin America and you get to do the superman move!

    The pre part of the activity was poorly organised - we ended up standing around in our equipment for nearly two hours and the safety instructions were inadequate. The instructor's English was hard to understand and we couldn't hear him anyway.

    So anyway another activity probably not covered by insurance!

    Its all set in a beautiful forest.

    Then no time for lunch in town thanks to inefficiency of zip line company so, tired and starving, we set off on a long travel trip to next destination - Fortuna.

    We stop at a cafe for a late lunch of pure slop - not sure how some of these places get on the hit list. I opt for the lunch of champions - pringles and weird Costa Rican chocolate milk!

    Then its a stumble down a grassy rocky hill with our luggage to a boat. Lovely trip even though it started raining across Lake Arenal. Guide didn’t tell us it could be freezing - I was ok but some of the group were in short shorts and thongs!

    Get to town and check into my damp and dingy hotel room then a briefing on the expensive tours. Most of us are not interested then a ghastly dinner in a restaurant recommended by our guide. I had grilled chicken which I couldn't cut with my knife!

    Evening saved by some quality gelato!

    Photos of countryside and a wind farm.
    Read more