Satellite
Show on map
  • Getting Ready!!

    December 26, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 28 °F

    Eleven Longwood students and two faculty members will soon be departing for beautiful Costa Rica to study sustainability, economic development, and tourism in a country that is on the frontier of environmental protection. This small country has accomplished an amazing feat…they produce 99% of their electricity in a green manner. The country has set aside large amounts of land in reserves and the country has a national focus on sustainable development. It’s incredible.

    Students will travel light, because we will move around every day. As such, they are all carefully packing their carry-on suitcases, being sure to pack clothing that allows them to respect the local culture, especially in rural and indigenous communities. For some students, this will be their first time outside of our country. And we have students who have never been on an airplane. This will be very exciting.

    We hope you will follow our travels, hit the like button, and post comments. Please share this link with anyone you think will be interested. Check daily, because when we have Wi-Fi, we will post several entries a day.
    Read more