Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day 6 - Hiroshima & Miyajima

    April 9, 2017 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    We left Namba at 6am!! Caught the subway to Shin -osaka and then rode the shinkasen to Hiroshima. Arriving at 9am we dropped the bags at our hotel - Hotel new hiroden. Nice place close to the station.

    A change of plans saw us head to the peace park first and Miyajima second. We caught the tram there. Sakura are definitely in bloom. We walked all the monuments and went into the nearby street to see the ground zero marker.

    We then rode the hop on/off bus (free with jr pass) back to the station, rode the train and ferry to Miyajima arriving around 1:30pm. No rain today, just overcast. The kids loved the deer and hubby loved the food. The deer also loved the food and we had to fend them off while the kids ate. We walked out to the giant Tori gate at low tide.

    We then walked to the ropeway and did a quick trip up to the top station and back. It was 5pm when we returned, so we did Itsukushima shrine and a final walk back through the streets as most shops were shutting. If there you must visit the back garden of one of the cake shops. It had a waterfall, huge koi and anazing bonsai.

    After arriving back in Hiroshima we headed to the station restaurant floor for some Okonomiyaki, along with a huge post baseball crowd. We finally checked in at 7pm!
    Read more