Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day 7 - Hiroshima - Nagoya, Japan

    April 10, 2017 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    After a nice night in our hotel in Hiroshima we woke up repacked. We taqbined our bags to Yokohama while we backpack it for a night in Nagoya.

    First stop for today was the Mazda museum. We headed to Hiroshima station and stopped at a cafe for a pancake breakfast. Then we rode the local train 2 stops to Mukainada and walked the block to Mazda. This tour is free and was booked in January. We were on the English tour and really enjoyed it. Our 7yr old girl loved it. It wasn't slow paced or boring and you actually spent a fair bit of time viewing the amazing assembly line. I'd definitely recommend this tour.

    Next on the agenda was a 2 shinkasen ride to Nagoya via Shin-osaka. At Nagoya we checked into our hostel Glocal cafe and backpackers. We have a private 4 bed room, but shared bathroom. After a walk around the neighborhood and a small deviation to let the kids loose in the toy department of Bic camera, we arrived at a tonkatsu place for dinner.

    The tonkatsu was awesome and so cheap 680¥. The kids meal was also amazing. For 380¥ they got rice, corn, salad, wedges, karaage, prawn, jelly, a popper and also got to select a toy.

    We dropped the train museum off of today's agenda to slow down a bit (plus we have been on so many trains already). Time for an early night as we are deviating to Tokyo tomorrow before heading back to Yokohama so hubby can get a knife from a store at the fish markets.
    Read more