Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Day 9 - Kanazawa, Japan

    April 4, 2018 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    We set off in the morning for Omicho Market and saw lots of fresh produce and seafood. We got the kids a punnet of strawberries for only 450¥.

    After this we continued to walk to Higashi Chaya district. We were there well before the crowds and got to wander the beautiful historic streets without crowds. We had a chat to an official who strolled with us a bit telling is about the houses features. This area was gorgeous, and the Cherry blossoms were all lining the river.

    We then visited the Gold Leaf Museum to see how it was made and see some exhibits 310¥. After this we essentially just crossed the road and into some backstreets to Kazue-machi Chaya district. Here we saw a beautiful alley with a cherry blossom raining down, and we could hear the performance of a tea ceremony from inside the building playing music.

    After this we walked back down through the Castle and between the gardens to the 21st Century Musuem for Modern Art 360¥. Here we were able to see the swimming pool installation. On our walk back to our hotel we stopped at a cafe for lunch. After this the weather had turned cool for our walk back to the hotel at 2pm. Rest time while we did some washing.

    At 5pm we ventured out into the drizzling rain to get dinner. This time we headed to Korinbo, we had a look at a department store basement, but needed somewhere to eat, so we looked at the restaurant floor, decided on a place only to be told they were booked out. So further along the street we found Maccas and caved. Btw their Teriyaki burger isn't too bad.
    Read more