Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Day 10 - Yokohama, Japan

    April 5, 2018 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    We left Kanazawa at 8:30am and headed for the train station. We bought tickets for the journey to Joetsumyoko where our JR East pass kicks back in to take us to Tokyo. It cost 14,000¥ for the gap for the three of us. The train journey took us to the coast and back near the snowy alps. We boarded at 9:21am arrived in Tokyo at 12:36pm.

    So we stowed the luggage at 600¥ a piece as there were no large lockers for the pram. We put all the backpacks in a 500¥ locker, only to realise we left the JR passes in a backpacks and needed them to exit. Another 500¥ later we were on the subway 170¥ each to Tsukiji where Jason purchased another knife.

    As it was 2:30 we headed back to Tokyo station to visit Character street. The kids loved it. The Pokemon shop was what the kids were after, and Oscar went crazy when Picachu came to visit out the front of the store, some purchases later we headed back to collect our luggage and board a local train at 4:47pm. It was sardine like for the journey (after accidently entering a green car) we arrived in Yokohama at 5:15pm and walled around the station to get to hotel on the north side about 750m away.

    We are staying at the Richmond Hotel, it only opened on 20/2, we have a triple room on the 10th floor for 66,500¥ for the 3 nights. Its very nice. We headed to a pizza place on the same block for dinner, every pizza was 500¥, yet everyone had 300¥ cover charge. Early to bed after a long day.
    Read more