Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Day 3 - Nagano to Shiga Kogen

    February 24, 2020 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 3 °C

    We started the day slowly having spent the night at Nagano Mash Cafe & Bed. It was a short walk to Lawsons for some breakfast, then back to the cafe to eat. We strolled a bit of Nagano and boarded the 9:51am train to Yudanaka.

    Here's where the bulk of our near 13km walking began. We strolled the uphill path to Shibu Onsen. Note there seems to be no real distinction, you just arrive in the main street and, oh look we're here, kind of happens. Shibu Onsen is a pretty place for a stroll. Once we were done, we realised we should eat lunch. So back to near the beginning we go to an open restaurant. It was fukuan, a small place run by one man, and the food was fantastic. Kaarage, yakisoba, and gyoza we had. Then we happened to be at a bus stop 3mins before the bus was due.

    Off to the snow monkey Park we went. Oscar was 2yrs old last time, so at 6 he was able to enjoy it more. Dale loved having her camera with her. There was some snow around, but it was by no means snowy. We spent some time here, and got back to the bus stop about 5mins after a bus left. So we waited for the 4:10pm, off to Shiga Kogen.

    By now the kids were stuffed, so were we. Ichinose is quite snowy. But staying at the Prince we ate what was closest, the Chinese Restaurant. Man that place is expensive, but we paid for convenience.
    Read more