Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4 - Shiga Kogen

    February 25, 2020 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 1 °C

    Today we woke to a nice morning, got ready and had the hotel breakfast.

    We exchanged our tickets for an electronic pass. Then hit the slopes at Yakebitiyama - the slopes of the Prince Hotel. We made our way from left to right, the kids gaining confidence with every run, they kept going right up the sides of the runs to get more speed going down into the centre.

    We took one wrong turn and needed to head to gondola 2, but we were on a path for gondola 1, so our option was an icy mogul run that the kids ended up butt sliding down. We ended up under gondola 2 for lunch at the dotunburi bowl place.

    During lunch it started snowing, so we did another run back over to Prince West, calling it quits after 2pm. We theb took a lively stroll through the falling snow (something us Queenslanders rarely get to do) to Ichinose. The kids were delighted to see snow monkeys along the way.

    At Ichinose we made a few dinner reservations and then wandered into Shiga grand, and found the hotel lobby that doubles as the Taco place after 3:30pm. It was 3:30pm so we decided to stay for a drink and eat. Then we walked back through the still falling snow to the Prince. Where the Dale and I went and had a relax in the onsen, looking out to the falling snow.
    Read more