Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day 6 - Shiga Kogen

    February 27, 2020 in Japan ⋅ ❄️ -4 °C

    We woke to find it still snowing, the car park was very white and cars had about 15-20cm on them.

    When we hit the slopes we experienced our first taste of powder snow. Much fun was had making new tracks off to the sides of runs, hubby and the kids found new lines in the trees just on the edge of the runs.

    We moved over to ride the gondola, as this much more pleasant in the snow than the chair. Gondola 2 runs were better than the runs off gondola 1 for us due to more wind at gondy 1. We stopped for an earlish lunch at the dotonburi bowl place under gondola 2 again.

    Then we went back out and enjoyed the snow some more. The good part was that due to the cold (-5 to -10) you didn't get wet at all. The kids wore some snow at times when they stacked it. Jason and I each had an off of our own. One of Dale's stacks in about 40cm of powder had us searching for a ski that came off. Luckily it was found. The onsen was great after a day like today.

    Tonight dinner was at Altopiano in Ischinose. This was up some stairs, that were buried under a whole lot of snow. It continued to snow all through dinner.
    Read more