Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day 7 - Shiga Kogen

    February 28, 2020 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ -1 °C

    We were onto all mountain passes today, which meant we could go all over the 18 ski areas that make up Shiga Kogen.

    We had a small glitch with them not issuing Oscar a pass, but it turned out being 6 he was to go through the electronic turnstiles with us. Once figured out we were on our way.

    We went to Ichinose Diamond, then over to Family, Terakoya, before making our way down Higashiteteyama, to Hoppo Bunadaira. Here we had lunch at Aspen Rest. Since we were close we went to Hasuike, via Giant, then went on a bit of a walk to the Post office ATM.

    The way back damn near killed us with all the uphill traverses. Starting with the walk from the post office to the Hasuike lift, and the the killer uphill traverse from Hasuike onto Giant. Once they were done it was easy.

    The views the while mountain were amazing. We rode such a variety of chairs and the tiny gondola. The kids and hubby went off road a few times. We went under the road a few times, over some bridges, and skiing alongside a road is unique. I don't know how many km's we skied, but the kids were fantastic.
    Read more