Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 11

    Day 11 - Kofu to Fujiyoshida

    3. mars 2020, Japan ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    We were up and out early from Kofu, as the weather was clear and we could go back up the castle lookout to see Mt Fuji for the first time in 5 trips, before catching the 8:18am train to Shimoyoshida.

    We had to change trains at Otsuki, from here we were on private railway, so no JR pass, tickets were ¥980 for adults. The train was decirated on the outside with Fuji themes, and was slow, but very scenic. At Shimoyoshida we hiked up to the Chureito Pagoda for the famous pagoda/Fuji picture. There was a lot of stairs, but the view was worth it. We were very lucky to still have Fuji not covered by cloud.

    From here it was only 2 stops by train or 1.6km to our destination for the next 2 nights. So we decided to stroll the 1.6km to Fujiyoshida. We were glad we did when we noticed signs saying take your photo from the sidewalk, this was the spot where the street lines up with Mt Fuji framing it. So we also took the street and Fuji shots. We had a 7-11 lunch on the way - great Kaarage on a stick.

    We continued on foot to the Hana Hostel, our home for the next 2 nights. The hosts are fantastic, and have children the same age as ours. The beds are so comfy, and have awesome pillows. So after checking in, we took advantage in the clearer weather, it was set to cloud over around 4pm. We then walked the 100m to Fujisan station, then caught the train to Kawaguchiko. From here we walked to the ropeway and rode it. Luckily there was no line up and barely any wait time. ¥900 return, and we got to see the lake from up high 1700m and also got to see Mt Fuji from a different point, though the cloud had surrounded the top part. We wandered back to the station, and caught the free bus back to Fuji station.

    After a rest we went out to a tonkatsu restaurant for dinner. It was very good, filling and cheap. Then we had a great chat and share with the host and her daughter.
    Les mer