Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Day 12 - Fujiyoshida and Kawaguchiko

    March 4, 2020 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    We had a slower morning start, and enjoyed a breakfast provided free at the hostel. A nice mix of cereal, bananas, toast and eggs. As it was a cloudy overcast day we set off to view things other than Mt Fuji.

    Pur first stop was Kitaguchi Hongu Fuji Sengen Jinjya shrine. This is one of the original entry points to ascend Mt Fuji. It is set in a beautiful cedar grove with some very big cedar trees, the shrine itself is very beautiful.

    From here we walked towards Fuji Q , where we caught the free shuttle to Kawaguchiko. Once at the lake we walked around and onto the bridge, Fuji was still covered by clouds at the top.

    We once again caught the free shuttle back towards Fujisan, stopping again at Fuji Q. From here we walked to Saizeriya, where we had a late lunch. Another 15min walk put us back at the hostel at 3pm for a well earned rest. In the last 3 days we have walked 13.6km, 14km and today another 13km. I must say the kids are great and don't really complain about all the walking we do.

    After our rest we ventured out into the rain to grab a 7-11 dinner and return to the hostel to eat it and chat with the hosts. Then it was time to pack up our bags ready to depart in the morning.
    Read more