Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Day 13 - Fujiyoshida to Ueno, Tokyo

    March 5, 2020 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    We departed our lovely hosts in Fujiyoshida at 8am, catching the 8:22am train to Otsuki. Then we switched to using our JR passes to continue onto Ueno, changing trains in Shinjuku.

    We arrived in Ueno at 11:22am and walked down the few blocks to our fancy apartment style hotel room at Mimaru Tokyo Ueno Okachimachi. For ¥19,980 we have a large room with kitchen, dining area, 2 beds and a set of bunks. We splurged for our last night. Here we were able to check in early, so we did and dropped bags.

    Our first stop was Don Quixote just 3mins away, here the kids and I did a lollie shop while hubby did a whiskey shop. A lot of yen later, ¥22,000, we dropped these bags off and headed out again.

    A 7-11 lunch on the way the Ueno yodabashi store had a small toy section, so we headed to the one ay Akihabara. This one was much better and the kids bought some toys, and I got my annual japanese lego catalogue. We also found a good custard filled fish pancake place.

    From here we headed to Tokyo station to visit the Pokemon store, where the kids got one each. By now it was 5pm, so we headed to Shimbashi to eat at Tonkatsu Matsunoya. On our was there the train was stopped, someone had hit the emergency stop, we were only 1min from our station. We had to wait about 10mins before getting underway.

    Dinner was fine, but not as good as I remembered from Sendai. We then headed back to our hotel at 7pm.
    Read more