Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 5

    Day 5 - Sunny Shiga Kogen

    22. februar 2023, Japan ⋅ ☁️ -7 °C

    Day 5 - Sunny Shiga Kogen
    The sun was out this morning, revealing a beautiful blue sky.

    After a buffet breakfast, they had the mini waffles this morning, yeah. We started off at the quad outside the west wing. We have now pieced together the new numbering system used here. So C chair, where we warmed up on C1. We then made our way over to the B gondola, and skied off there for a bit. The viewpoints were turning it on today, it was stunning. We did a run or two from the D hooded quad, then went over to A gondola for our first time this trip. The views from the top were magic and the mountain range in the distance filled the sky. There were quite a few groups around, as there are 8 buses in the carpark, but they were easily avoided. It was a bit crunchy underfoot over this way, so we headed back to B south gondola, and popped back downstairs for lunch again. Everyone had the pork katsu this time.

    After lunch we headed over to A and then back to C, then back to B, then back to the top of C, where we demolished a pristine snow bank with some snow play and frolicking, the kids jumped, rolled, made houses, threw snow and had a ball. After our run back down to the west, the Kids play area was pretty empty, so we tried our hand at some snow bikes and sleds. Whilst there, the snow from the roof of the hotel was crashing down, and some crashed down into the water in front of the onsen. It also happened while we were in the onsen.

    Dinner tonight was seek and find, we decided to walk into Ichinose. We were headed to the Ramen place suggested by Patrick, but it was shut, so we headed over to the junk food cafe, it was shut, so we ended up at Shiga Kogen Tacos at Shiga Grand. I really enjoyed my food so much we forgot to photograph it. We had tacos, nacho and a quesidilla. Timing our exit with the next hotel courtesy shuttle.
    Læs mere