Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 6

    Day 6 - Shiga Kogen

    23 Februari 2023, Jepang ⋅ ☁️ -5 °C

    We woke up early to a slightly cloudy day where the sun tried to poke through. Dale is 13 today, and being wonderful parents we let her get a grape drink that when you shake it, it turns to jelly, and have melon soda at breakfast. The buffet was the same fare as before. Jason seems to try as many different food groups on the one plate.

    We started off at the C chair outside prince west and did a warm up run down C1. The snow is crunchy and was not too soft at this time of morning. We then headed over to A gondola, wanting to hit up the runs over there before they got too chopped up. It was firm and nice to ski on at this stage. From here we went over to the D quad chair, wher ethe kids were wanting to try the remaining 'powder' that was off to the side, both made it out the first time, the second however Oscar took a tumble and managed to do a cartwheel. He was fine. At B South Gondola, we found our first real queues of the trip, the line was not far out the building and moved fast. We even had some single riders join us in the gondola. We have put the crowd down to it also being the Emperors birthday holiday??

    We skied a bit there before heading over to C chair back on the west side. Where lunch was icecream while sitting outside in the sun in light snow. After this, we put the skis away and had some family fun time on the snowbikes at the play area. The snow falling off the building roof was also entertaining. Onsens were had and icecreams again followed. I can rate the Hagan Daas Macadamia Toffee Crispy icecream sandwich. Very nice.

    Tonight dinner is the hotel buffett. Where the choice of steak as our main was the winner, this was a standout along with cheese risotto arancini balls. Dale had a bowl of mango and pineapple as her birthday dessert.
    Baca selengkapnya