Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Shiga Kogen

    February 18 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Today was travel to the snow day. We woke up early at 5am. Around 6:30 we took a stroll around Asakusa, its lovely early in the morning. We had a 7-11 breakfast and scoped out where the elevator was to the metro.
    Around 9:30am we headed off and rode the Ginza line to near Tokyo station, from here we walked about 350m to the station, pulling the wheeled ski bags along.
    At the station we made our way to the Shinkansen platform and had an hour wait till our 11:24 shinkansen. The Shinkansen luggage was packed, so glad we reserved the end row. The train personnel even removed a ski bag from someone who had not booked the rear seats.
    An hour and a half later, we disembarked at 12:50 at Nagano station and headed straight for the bus stop.
    We had an hour or so wait for the 2:30pm bus to Shiga, tickets were Y2,500 for adults. So Dale and I we to Donki to stock up on some snacks. Plus some cheap Coolish (108y).
    Arriving at the Prince Hotel around 4pm, we checked in, got our skis in the locker, unpacked in the room and headed out dinner at 5pm to the Ramen place at Prince. Food was good and most dishes were under $15 dollars.
    Onsen done, till tomorrow.
    Read more