Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Day 1 on snow - Monday

    February 19 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    Woke up early to a blowy day. Breakfast was at 6:45am where we were happy to have our usual assortment of food that was on offer. We got ready and headed down to the snow around 8:30am. We rode the quad chair up to C1 run and did that, then we repeated the chair, this time taking E1 to the South hotel, here we discovered the gondola was on lift hold. So we were now faced with a long line of many school groups. Luckily the line moved pretty quickly. So we headed back over to the West hotel via the slow romance pair chair.

    Here we just lapped the C1 run, it was spring snow and getting quite moguled due to the traffic. So we hit up the Family fun park for a few laps on the ski bikes.

    At 11am, we decided to head over to the South to go to the izakaya under the South gondola. They now have ordering via QR code and no table menus. I noticed the prices had gone up a fair bit since last year, but still reasonable at 1,700yen for a pork katsu curry with rice. 600yen for fries. The portion sizes were large and quality was good.

    After lunch, as only 2 lifts were operating and only 2 runs were available we lapped them alternating between C1 and E1. The ski schools seem to have gone during lunch. At 2pm we called it quits and headed for the onsen, followed by the obligatory Coolish.

    We caught the 5:05pm shuttle to Ichinose. Dinner was at Shiga Kogen tacos. They are now in the Olympic hotel. The vibe is not as good, and prices are higher. Headed back via the 6:17pm shuttle.
    Read more