Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Shiga Kogen to Sumida

    February 25 in Japan ⋅ 🌧 5 °C

    We got up at 6am and were ready to go for breakfast at 6:45am - our last buffet breakfast. Then we checked out and rode the 7:57am bus back down to Nagano. From here we caught the 10:56 Shinkansen arriving in Ueno at 12:14pm. We then picked up our subway passes for later in the week, and boarded a train for Oshiage.

    Here in the giant mall maze that is Skytree. We found where the luggage storage was and off loaded the bags as check in was 4pm. Then we tried to find food, the mall and the food court were packed, so we ended up at the family mart across the street. Then there was a capsule toyshop, so the kids each got one. Back into the mall we found a Hello Kitty and Pokemon store where the kids spent up a bit.

    As it was time to walk to the house, it was steadily raining, so we went back in and bought a few umbrella at Daiso. Then walked to our house, dumped the bags. After only a few minutes it was time to walk back to skytree to catch the 5:04pm train back to the airport to collect mum.

    After we collected Mum, we had some airport food for dinner. Then it was back on the train to Oshiage.
    Read more