Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Beeeeeeeauti

    September 7, 2017 in Greenland ⋅ ☀️ 7 °C

    It's our second day of following along the shore of a giant lake. On this part of the trail, hikers who are lucky and willing can trade the walking for a two day canoe ride. "Lucky" because there's only 2 canoes on the lake and so if you're lucky, someone just canoed across the lake coming opposite your direction, so the canoe is waiting on "the right side of the lake".

    We weren't lucky arriving at the lake yesterday, but I got to take out a canoe on the other end of the lake for my lunch break today :) Such a treat! Our least favorite part of the trail was just after we left the canoe. In early August, there had been fires on the trail and we walked through the ashes mixed with mud. I really did not like this part, it was dusty and slippery and so we avoided the burnt areas (pic 3) as much as possible.

    A few more hours into the trail, we had my favorite view into the next valley (pic 4) and then down by the lake my favorite campspot and sunset (pic 6). Right next to where we made camp was a large beach and I spent a long happy time, sitting and watching the waves while listening to an audiobook.
    Read more