Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 172

    Hoi An - by day

    February 25, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    We have enjoyed wandering around the town of Hoi An. Part of the town is pedestrianised and provided a welcome relief from dodging all the cars and motorbikes and running the gauntlet of road crossings! We had a lovely hotel with a pool, where we paid £32 per night including breakfast and we were upgraded to a very big family room with a big bathroom & bathtub. Breakfast was great too, with plenty of both Western and Vietnamese options on offer - I'm enjoying eating pho noodles for breakfast! Unfortunately, they had no availability for tonight so we've had to move accommodation but luckily the hotel next door had space - it is not quite as nice but certainly good enough and even cheaper.

    It was raining the day we arrived - the first rain we've seen since we arrived in Vietnam, so we can't really complain. The rain seems to have cooled the temperature down too - it is around mid-20s now, and cloudy - actually more pleasant than we were expecting now we're further South. The waterfront here is lovely - very colourful, with lanterns everywhere, lovely architecture and pretty bridges. All in all, a nice place to just wander and soak up the atmosphere.
    Read more