Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Kuranda - Scenic Views and Animals

    May 22, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    After eating the "morning tea" we drove further to jump on the Skyrail to Kuranda. We relaxed into the gondolas and rode our way up the hills of the big Wet Tropics (which includes e.g. Daintree or Barossa NP, it's all the same rainforest, just different names basically). Half-way up, we took a quick look onto the different plants and trees growing in the rainforest. It's rather fascinating what kind of tactics each and every plant evolved over the millions of years to get to the most sunlight. We also were on the lookout to the Barossa Falls, which looked stunning.
    Then we took of with another gondola of Skyrail to Kuranda, a village far up the top of the Wet Tropics. We briefly visited Koala Gardens and Birds World, two small but nice parks to have not too many people around and time to interact with the animals. Then it was time for lunch again and gosh was I'm full! I definitely wouldn't starve whilst being here...
    Then we jumped on to the Kuranda Scenic Railway which took us back to Cairns giving us some amazing views and some chill time in the waggon.
    Read more