Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Driving along the Tasmanian East Coast

    May 25, 2023 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 13 °C

    Today we were checking out of the depressing Best Western Plus and driving toward St. Helens at the East Coast. On the way there, I was rather confused by the landscape of Tasmania. It gave me impressions of Ireland, but with weird inputs of tropic plants. Lana summed it up really nice: A tropical bush savannah. That's something people can relate to, right?
    On our way to St. Helens we stopped at Pyengana Cheese Factory and Café, where we did a cheese tasting. I liked the vintage one the most. Then we set off to our next tummy-filling stop in St. Helen's: The Panorama Hotel. We were able to inspect the site which was directly located at the river and got its name from that panorama. They also had a lot of local artists work hanging around which were amazing. After seeing the rooms, we sat down to eat lunch.
    Then we drove on to the Bay of Fires which had an amazing atmosphere to it. The wind was blowing like crazy and it was super cold, but the vibe was just screaming: Freedom!
    Leaving the Bay of Fires behind, we got onto the most Scenic Driveway to Bicheno, directly next to the sea. Green, blue and yellow, sheep and cows, trees, beaches and ferns where interchanging the whole time and it was just a gorgeous view.
    We finally arrived at Bicheno and visited the Blowhole there. It did wet a lot of our people, but luckily not me. I was exploring around the red boulders around the blowhole. They just look mesmerising.
    Read more