Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    11 Hours to Home

    September 20, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Today, we rose early to pack our things and leave Slovenia behind. A last stop at the village shop for some amazingly sweet peaches and cookies on the way, then we took off. The first 2hrs through Slovenia were pretty chill, but then we came to the Austrian border and had to stop. They wanted to see our IDs. I had mine, no problem. However, Shakhzoda who is from Uzbekistan has only got an "Aufenthaltstitel" and that only didn't work for the police, not even with a passport scan. It had to be there physically. So, she had to pay 100€ penalty (or I had to, because apparently she hadn't had enough money with her). After that, the vibe in the car wasn't that great.
    It took us 2hrs through Austria with some amazing views that could be enjoyed from the traffic jam at the gates of Salzburg. After we passed the German border without any incident, we could drive at 160km/h again and I loved it. We stopped at the Chiemsee for lunch and had not only a first-class seat but also view. Apparently, you just have to stop at the right rest stop.
    The traffic was great and we flew through Germany, stopping just in Bamberg for a little forest stroll to get a rest. The 3hrs left were gone by fast and so we arrived back in Germany at 9pm.
    Read more