Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Ticking off our Safari Bucket List Pt. 2

    September 26, 2023 in South Africa ⋅ ☁️ 31 °C

    After lunch, we jumped back on the truck and drove to a lookout point. There, we couldn't only see the vastness of the Kruger NP, the endlessness of bushland, but also a very weird but fascinating looking gecko. I just know that the more colourful and noticeable an animal is, the more dangerous it usually is. When everyone was ready taking photos, we drove on to finally see some crocs. I wasn't disappointed, as there were a lot. Fresh water crocs, but at least Takalani kept his word. It was 5 min to 3pm. That's timing! Next to the crocs was a huge herd of hippos in the water. We'd love to see a hippo outside the water as well, but as they are such dangerous animals, I was kinda glad we didn't. One of the hippos showed us its dangerousness and bit a croc in front of our eyes, because it came too near to the hippo. So, be careful around these creatures!
    The next interesting thing crossing our way, was yet another leopard. It caused an extreme traffic jam, as it was walking across the street. So we saw Street Crossings of Elephants, Zebras, a Baboon, Giraffes, a Lion, Buffaloes, Wildebeests, Impalas and now a Leopard. Very nice!
    Not long after that, we did get to tick off another box, though. A Leopard sleeping in a tree! Nobody said, you can't get what you wish for!
    Read more