Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Ruta de Flysch & San Sebastián

    July 19, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    We made some beautiful stops on our way to San Sebastián!

    We ate breakfast in Guernika, the city that was almost completely destroyed during the civil war. A bit further, we climbed at a hidden spot, with crazy seaviews from the top 😍.

    After parking our car in Zumaia & taking the train to Deba, we were ready to tackle the 'Ruta de Flysch'. A little help from Wikipedia to explain what 'flysch' is: 'a sequence of sedimentary rock layers that progress from deep-water & turbidity flow deposits to shallow-water shales and sandstones'. If this doesn't make any sense, just check out the photos! As usual we didn't plan too well ahead so the high tide eventually forced us to climb some of these formations!

    San Sebastián/Donostia is known as the Foodie capital veganism still has a long way to go. We had to look long and hard to find some vegetarian pinxtos. We did like the ever busy waterfront and Miel even tried some surfing 🏄.

    These were our last stops in Spain 😢. After traveling/living here for almost two years, we can say this is one of our favorite countries ❤️. We will be back!
    Read more