Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 51

    Isle of Skye

    September 21, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ 🌧 11 °C

    Skye was wet ... very wet 🌧️. And windy ... very windy 💨. We drove around the whole island and visited the highlights in between rain showers. Luckily, these made up for the weather, the landscape on Skye is just magnificent!

    We hiked up the Quirang with views over the Trotternish Ridge, admired the Old Man of Storr on the other end of the same ridge, visited a few isolated capes that offered wide sea views, went out of our way to reach the picturesque Neist Point Lighthouse and saw the so-called Fairy Pools turned into Devil Pools. In between stops, we warmed up in every possible cute coffee shop 🍰.

    After 4 days of mixed feelings, we fled the island in search of a hostel with a warm shower, a washing machine and a drying room 🚿. After all, it's not that easy to travel with Otto in these conditions. On the bright side, waterfalls were more impressive than usual, we saw lots of rainbows 🌈 and we learned how to move from the driving compartment to the sleeping compartment, how to cook a decent meal and how to dry our clothes, all without getting out of our car.
    Read more